1.12.2009

Blah

So my best friend is sitting right next to me on a computer of her own. We're at school together, which is odd, because we go to different schools. She's shadowing me today. Fun times amirite? And now she's reading over my shoulder... poop.

So. A writing project, eh? Got 8 days to do a writing project. For my blogging class. Why does this not sound fun? Probably because it's for a blogging class. Also, I can't really seem to type today. I didn't take my meds today... No idea why exactly. I've been taking them lately except for the weekends. I'm about to fall asleep because of it. I'm tempted not to continue this post and just read some news. Also, I lack head phones.

Poor Mogar must be bored out of her mind. But then again. It is school. That's kind of fucked up, though. Kind of really fucked up. Really, REALLY fucked up. People shouldn't be bored during school. Ever. You don't learn by being bored. Except Mogar isn't exactly attending this school. But still. I'm bored. If I weren't graduating next year, I'd do that "unschooling" thing that my friend Keegan does. She's 13, almost 14, and she hasn't step foot in a school for years. And she's one of the most intelligent people I know. Blows the mind, doesn't it? I mean, technically she still home schools or what ever, but that's just to keep the education people happy. Eh. Hmm. Maybe I'll do my project on that. Talking about "unschooling". I have a book on it... The woman who wrote it seems to be extremely uh... "radical" is the word my aunt used when telling me about it. So that should make things more interesting, I suppose.

Mogar's and my breath combined reminds us of my cat in his earlier days... (Absolutely foul). *Shudder* No one wants that. Ever.

So "unschooling" is this thing where you take your kid, pull them out of school, let them take a "vacation" for a couple of weeks, then it's right on to living their life! It's all good and dandy if you know what you're doing, I suppose. One quote comes to mind from the author; "We don't learn to live, we live to learn." That doesn't relate at all to my previous sentence.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I agree with you that boredom and school are a dangerous combination, but I think boredom has origins in both person and activity. How engaging is the activity? How engaged is the learner?