4.13.2009

Fight Club: the book!

As we all know, Fight Club is a movie that holds Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, and Helena Bonham Carter in the main roles of the film. The film, maybe not obvious to too many people, was adapted from the book by Chuck Palahniuk. I have been reading this book. My boyfriend let me borrow it, in exchange for him being able to borrow my copy of Watchmen. He threw in V for Vendetta into the deal as well. The moment tht Fight Club was placed into my hands, I was instructed to read the first page, and I did exactly that. It didn't even take two sentences to get me lost into the pages of Palahniuk's brilliance. Of course, I didn't just stand and read through several pages as Sylvan stood by, waiting. I really wanted to. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded, though. But adventures awaited!

Shortly after adventuring and Sylvan going home, I picked up Fight Club for a second time for some bed time reading. I read forty pages in one sitting and on the first page, I had learned a few recipes(most likely partial recipes... I'm too afraid to try them) for home made explosives. It was ridiculous. I slept well after that reading. Babies don't sleep that well.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad that your first taste of the book is a good one. He has quite a body of work. Perhaps after this read you'll dive into others.