11.21.2008

Like the Drunk You Convinced Was Sober...

So I was looking at the Sneaker Pimps website and decided to go to the biographies of the members and it turns out that most/all of the website is in French. I guess it's not really the band site, then, and instead a fan site... By French people... Poop.

The official site is under development... Augh.

So now I stumble upon a website with numbered steps about how to write lyrics like how Chris Corner writes them... interesting... It tells you to make your words beautiful and to cast imagery with them at the same time. Funny... I expect that from lyricists. Well, either beautiful lyrics or clever ones. That's mostly why I can't stand most pop music, I guess.

This also says to put emotion into the lyrics. I thought that was the whole purpose of music?

It's interesting that someone would put up a "how to sound just like this artist" list of hints and tips. Don't most artists want to stand out with their work? I mean, yeah, Chris Corner is a good musician, but I wouldn't want to sound exactly like him if I were to make music.

Oh. I just found a site with more of a biography than I've so far been able to find. Apparently he was born in 1974! Holy crap... He's nine years older than my brother. So that would make him... 34 years old. Okay. That's not as old as I had thought before I figured out the math.

Oh my, there certainly are quite a lot of fan sites.

No comments: