12.05.2008

Jebus...

So I learned last night that my buddy was laid off last week. He was working at Target... And apparently they just sprung it in him. It really sucks because how is he going to pay his rent, now? Hopefully he can find somewhere to work, and fast. He was thinking of maybe working at the AMC theater or maybe Ikea. My mom suggested Ikea to him. Poor Timmy.

I'm so thankful that my dad an brother have been able to keep their jobs. I think the fact that they both work for the state has something to do with it... I'm not sure, though. This whole thing is rather rattling. I am rather rattled. People don't seem to really notice a problem until it affects them directly. Just wow... 553,000 people without jobs... that number is barely feasible. Especially since the effects of just one of my friends losing his job is driving me into a depression, I can hardly imagine 552,999 other people losing their jobs and the impact that really has on everyone. I'm trying my best to not just burst into tears... Fuck.

Well... on a lighter note, it's Friday! And Friday means tomorrow is Saturday! Aaah, those two worry-free nights. Those two nights of peace before you realize you haven't written a huge paper for a class, or you haven't memorized your lines for a skit. Those are some relaxing nights, indeed.

No comments: